List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Konq Render Error
From:       "Dirk Mueller" <dmuell () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-04-04 10:41:29

On Don, 04 Apr 2002, Robert Shade wrote:

> Attached to this email. :)  I think this is a correct solution for this
> problem.  Also in the patch are a few missed variable initializations, I've
> always been taught that these are "a good thing to do all the time".  If I've
> been misinformed, please disregard.

sure, but did you read the code?

It is in the form

  int percent;
  if(something)
    percent = foo;
  else
    percent = bar;

Note that neither foo nor bar are accessing percent. If you find a way to
access percent in an uninitialized state here please tell me :)

also, the other change you did actually disables _all_ updates for
selections. emitSelectionChanged() is a method, and it has to be called
instad of just emitting the SelectionChanged() signal yourself.

> in the whitespace between the end of stories and the "Read more..." hyperlink
> on slashdot and then try to select the text above it, the text will not be
> hilighted as you select it.  Interestingly though, if you look at klipper
> after you do this, the text that you were trying to select has indeed been
> selected, but selected twice.  (it appears twice in klipper)  I'm going to
> look furthur into this problem and hopefully have a patch in the next few
> days.

I believe that is related to the patch you posted.

Dirk