List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: AM_PATH_OGG / AM_PATH_VORBIS (kdemultimedia)
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-04-03 13:53:30

On Wednesday 03 April 2002 15:14, Neil Stevens wrote:
> On Wednesday April 03, 2002 05:06, Michael Goffioul wrote:>
>
> > The development packages DOES contain the *.m4 files. I installed them
> > and could compile kdemultimedia. My point is more that you absolutely
> > need development packages installed if you want to compile
> > kdemultimedia. It's not like a check failure at configure time resulting
> > in a part not being compiled. Here you need libogg and libvorbis
> > complete (lib and devel) if you want to compile kdemultimedia. In other
> > words, this is NOT optional anymore. However this was not the case
> > before the
> > introduction of kreatecd
>
> Well, yes, it takes more software to create a configure script, than it
> does to use a configure script.
>
> Should I import libogg and libvorbis into kdesupport?
>
> Oh, sorry coolo.  I didn't mean to give you a heart attack. Make that,
>
> Should libogg or libvorbis be imported into kdesupport by someone who won't
> break it?  I'll keep it updated.
kdesupport is only for weak dependencies. There is nothing in it that requires
compile time dependencies (if I'm not mistaken). And you speak about
Makefile.cvs dependencies. Copy the .m4 files into kreatecd and patch
kdemultimedia/Makefile.am. The rule to create acinclude.m4 is in the toplevel
Makefile instead of within admin for that specific reason. But keep in mind,
that kreatecd may not exist (read used cvspack)

Greetings, Stephan
P.S. For those not able to follow - don't worry :)