List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: AM_PATH_OGG / AM_PATH_VORBIS (kdemultimedia)
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2002-04-03 13:19:26

Neil Stevens wrote:

> On Wednesday April 03, 2002 05:06, Michael Goffioul wrote:>
> > The development packages DOES contain the *.m4 files. I installed them
> > and could compile kdemultimedia. My point is more that you absolutely
> > need development packages installed if you want to compile
> > kdemultimedia. It's not like a check failure at configure time resulting
> > in a part not being compiled. Here you need libogg and libvorbis
> > complete (lib and devel) if you want to compile kdemultimedia. In other
> > words, this is NOT optional anymore. However this was not the case
> > before the
> > introduction of kreatecd
>
> Well, yes, it takes more software to create a configure script, than it
> does to use a configure script.
>
> Should I import libogg and libvorbis into kdesupport?
>
> Oh, sorry coolo.  I didn't mean to give you a heart attack. Make that,
>
> Should libogg or libvorbis be imported into kdesupport by someone who won't
> break it?  I'll keep it updated.

IMO, it would be better to:
- either avoid to use those 2 macros
- or copy them into admin/
If kreatecd absolutely needs libogg and libvorbis, just disable its compilation
if they are not present. So you can still compile kdemultimedia without any
ogg/vorbis support (for whatever reason you may want that).

Michael.