List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: KDE 3.0RC3 Konqueror Javascript in online Banking - grave bug
From:       Werner Joss <werner () hoernerfranzracing ! de>
Date:       2002-03-31 20:46:30

On Sunday 31 March 2002 22:00, David Faure wrote:
> On Sunday 31 March 2002 09:00, Werner Joss wrote:
> > On Sunday 31 March 2002 05:09, Anthony M Farrell wrote:
> > > Attached is a file containing the source code for my online banking
> > > page. I have removed account details and transactions but you can see
> > > the drop down list boxes for the date selection. I hope you are able to
> > > use this to identify why the date code does not work in Konqueror.
> > >
> > > Tony Farrell
> > > afarrell@slingshot.co.nz
> >
> > hi all,
> > I hope this is not too much O.T., but I would just like to mention that
> > online-banking with konqueror has always been a hassle and rarely worked
> > for me, although I have followed all the proposals on java/jsse etc. in
> > the faq. currently, I think the reason why it doesn't work for me seems
> > to be related to javascript, I can log into my bank account, but do
> > nothing in there, as the menu in the left frame is displayed, but just
> > not working.
>
> How useful to think such a report is? Do you often phone a garagist to
> tell him "my car doesn't work, but my neighbour's does", and then hang up?

Hey,
this was NOT intended to blame anyone working on konqueror, I really like it -
konqueror is my favourite browser anyway.
I just wanted to state that there are still problems in this area, I would
also like to provide more information related to this problem, but can't do
this (I cannot access the source code of this page, the only thing visible is
a 'javascript:showSub(1)' call that obviously doesn't work).
maybe the whole issue is just due to the fact that the banking software
developers design their software based on the quirks of IE and/or netscape
(who knows ? - they will of course never admit....)
regards
werner