List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to add a menuitem to kicker applet menu?
From:       Nadeem Hasan <nhasan () nadmm ! com>
Date:       2002-03-31 14:50:12

On Sun March 31 2002 1:17 am, John Firebaugh wrote:
> On Saturday 30 March 2002 6:57, Nadeem Hasan wrote:
> > I want to add a menu item to the kicker applet menu. I looked at the
> > kicker code but didn't find any way to do that. Could someone (maybe from
> > kicker team) please point me in the right direction?
>
> You mean you want to add an item to the menu of a specific applet? You
> can't add anything other than the items listed in kpanelapplet.h. Yes, it's
> a bit of a shortcoming in the API.

John,

I feared that looking at the code. Is there a way to add it in a BC way?
I think its very likely that it would be needed by others too. I am really
disappointed. I have to add just one action :) Why didn't anyone else
think of it before? And if it was known, why was it not implemented before
3.0? Oh....<sigh>.

Cheers,
--
Nadeem Hasan