List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KIO::http_post and malformed headers?
From:       Chris Wallace <chris.wallace () netflash ! net>
Date:       2002-03-25 5:27:28

On March 24, 2002 11:12 pm, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> On Sunday 24 March 2002 22:36, Chris Wallace wrote:
> > Hi everybody,

<snip>

> You cannot extend the HTTP headers using meta-data information at all.
> This something we do not support for various reasons one of which is name
> collusion.  Anyways, currently it does not allow you to extend the existing
> protocol handlers (io-slaves) so it will just be ignored.  The only you can
> fix that is by hacking kio_http to add support for your specific meta-data.

<snip>

> I do not know why this is there since kio_http does not add extra \r\n
> unless
>
> [snipped for brevity]

<snip>

> You might also want to update to 2.2.2 release since there were a lot of
> bug fixes in kio_http.
>
> Regards,
> Dawit A.

> >> unsubscribe <<

Hi Dawit,

Thank you for your speedy responce.  I will try updating to 2.2.2 and see if
that fixes the problem.  I do have couple of questions then about the API if
you can not extend the HTTP headers using meta-data information.

First would be why in the API documentation (KIO::http_post) does it say that
you must set the content type and why are there methods in KIO::TransferJob
to set, and add meta-data?

I have also tried without any calls to addMetaData and I still get the '\r\n'
combination before Content-Length, rendering KIO::http_post useless (atleast
to me :-)).  It seems to me like a bug in the kio_http code.

I would like to fix up kio_http so that it does support altering meta-data.
However as I am on a dial-up connection so a cvs checkout is pretty much out
of the question.  Is there a way to work on this without getting the entire
cvs tree, ie, just the needed fines.

Thanks
Chris