List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kicker: sizeMnu->insertItem( ... )
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () olympusproject ! org>
Date:       2002-03-16 9:31:21

On March 16, 2002 01:39 pm, Gerold J. Wucherpfennig wrote:
> Can anybody tell me why this doesn't work?
> The slot slotSetSize is never called, what's wrong with my patch?

you need to use the _signature_ of the slot, which in this case is
slotSetSize(int) ... that signature is used to figure out which method to
call when a connected signal is emitted ... but you are trying to pass
parameters in the SLOT() macro, which leads to Qt not being able to find the
method (since there is no such method with that signature)...

the parameters passed to a slot are supplied at runtime by the emitted
signal, not at compile time in the SLOT() macro ...

--
Aaron Seigo