List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 3.0 RC2 ready
From:       JES <yez () home ! nl>
Date:       2002-03-10 15:52:38

On Saturday 09 March 2002 18:35, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've put up new tarballs on
>
> download.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/kde-3.0-rc2/
>
> Please test them. There is one week left to decide if these tarballs are
> good enough to be released. If not, I will redo the tarballs again next
> week and there will be another week for testing and fixing.

Hi Dirk,
How well should an rc2 work ?
I'm using KDE3 now more and more, but I find it far from stable. Konqueror
crashes from time to time. Once my X-server stopped because of it and KDE
wouldn't start anymore ("ksmserver couldn't start. check your installation").
Kicker crashes from time to time. Now just, artsd crashed.
These are all errors I can't reproduce. I'm using latest cvs.

Regards,
Edwin.