List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Advantages or disadvantages of using gcc 3.0.4?
From:       John Gluck <jgluckca () rogers ! com>
Date:       2002-03-09 17:23:11

Hi

My understanding is that GCC 3.0.x has better standards compliance. From what I
gather better optimizations.
Generated code seems to be a bit faster and error/warning messages seem to be a
bit more informative.

Java has been added to the package but I haven't tried it out at all. Maybe
someone else has.

John