List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdebase wallpaper bloated
From:       Andy Goossens <andygoossens () softhome ! net>
Date:       2002-03-08 14:39:24

On Friday 8 March 2002 14:19, Rob Kaper wrote:
> Also, there's 11 carddecks in libkdegames. Really, 2-5 are plenty for a
> base installation. (not sure if anyone is after that, if not, I'll take it
> up for 3.1)

So other carddecks should be removed from kdegames? I think 11 carddecks are
enough for the normal user. We don't need more then that. Personaly I find 5
a bit on the low side (comparison: WindBlows has more then 5, I guess around
12 non-good-looking ones :-)

Ralf Schmelter posted 2 weeks ago on the kde-games list he compressed the
carddecks even more. It saved 2.75 MB (!) and it's now in CVS. kdegames now
has more "breathing room" then before. And we also have the wav->ogg move. So
I don't think kdegames is bloated.

--
Andy Goossens - andygoossens-at-softhome.net

"The Microsoft story started with Basic. Now every Windows version is built
upon it."