List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kicker - add->button
From:       John Firebaugh <jfirebaugh () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-03-08 14:33:11

On Friday 08 March 2002 06:23 am, John Firebaugh wrote:
> > Another important thing (imo) is that the child panel doesn't seem
> > to have the same capabilities as the normal panel, in that I, for
> > example, can't center it.
>
> You can actually center it (by dnd); what you can't do without editing the
> config file by hand is have it take up less than 100% of the desktop
> width/height. The extensions actually have all the configurability of the
> main panel, but only some of it is exposed on the Extensions tab of
> kcmkicker, simply because there isn't enough room (and kicker has an excess
> of config options already).

Actually, that's wrong. Extensions by default take up 1% of the desktop
width/height, but always expand to the requested minimum size of the
extension, which for the child panel, is the entire width. So, you can't
change this even by editing config files.

Feel free to add a wishlist item.

later,
John