List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdebase wallpaper bloated
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2002-03-08 13:19:06

On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 02:02:40PM +0100, Alexander Kellett wrote:
> Another nice idea is to limit a few other things, for example, number of
> classes allowed for a single program, number of virtual's in a class,
> methods per class, dcop interfaces, widgets (do we really need any more
> than 5 widgets!?), icons of a given size, pixels per letter, files shown
> per directory, users that want to use kde, etc...
>
> Just a selection of the brilliant ideas i've got...

Nice sarcasm. ;-)

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the 5 styles in kdelibs. Just one icon
theme in there is also very slick.

But kdeartwork doesn't exist so we have *31* wallpapers in kdebase. Torsten
and I are currently selecting 10 tiles and 5 highres pics and we'll stick to
that and move the rest to artwork. We're the a *desktop* environment, not a
wallpaper environment.

Also, there's 11 carddecks in libkdegames. Really, 2-5 are plenty for a base
installation. (not sure if anyone is after that, if not, I'll take it up for
3.1)

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
cap@capsi.com | temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."