List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: arts::Synth_STEREO_PITCH_SHIFT ?
From:       Stefan Westerfeld <stefan () space ! twc ! de>
Date:       2002-03-08 11:37:27

   Hi!

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 07:47:34PM +0100, Pavel Troller wrote:
>   I'm experimenting with effect stack of noatun.
>   Most of the effect are working and they meet what I expect of them
> (like the FIR filter, it's really nice toy).
>   However, I don't know what to think about Arts::Synth_STEREO_PITCH_SHIFT.
>   Once activated, it sometimes mutes one channel, sometimes not, in which
> case it does nothing hearable/visible.
>   It doesn't have the Settings button active so I don't know how to set
> the shift actually.
>   I'm expecting from this effect something like inversion of changing the
> playing speed with preserving frequencies, i.e. changing the frequencies
> (pitch) while preserving the playing speed. Or am I wrong ?
>   Please could somebody explain ?

There was missing some initialization code which I have added now, so that
on creation, the effect has sane default parameters. However, as you correctly
observed, nobody bothered to implement a settings panel yet (its not too much
work, its just that nobody did it yet), so its pretty useless in the noatun
effects dialog right now.

   Cu... Stefan