List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Minimising shortcut
From:       Andy Goossens <andygoossens () softhome ! net>
Date:       2002-02-28 9:54:00

On Thursday 28 February 2002 04:12, Luke Chatburn wrote:
> I guess I have a small enquiry and favour to ask. I'm using 2.2.1 on
> Mandrake 8.1 at the moment, and can't mess around too much with my one and
> only machine (although I will upgrade to the next full distro :-) ), so I'm
> not sure whether this has been done already...

Mandrake 8.2 is almost there. Expected end march :-)

> I tried to set some personal keyboard shortcuts a few days ago and came
> across a problem... There is a rather useful windows shortcut that is only
> talked about in a very obscure help file in Win 95, but still works, and
> improves my work flow quite a bit, when I boot windows (rarely, these days!
> thanks everyone). Win Key + M... It minimises all windows... It's a very
> fast way to unclutter the screen and get to the desktop.

That is a useful keyboard shortcut. Ever tried Win 98? It has a button
(located on the right side of the Start button) that when pressed, minimizes
all windows and shows the desktop. And in KDE we have a smiliar button to do
that, it's the second one in the taskbar. (Icon looks like a desk) Sorry, no
keyboard shortcut... (that I know, but I could be wrong)

--
Andy Goossens - andygoossens-at-softhome.net

"Internet will never be popular" -- Bill Gates
(long before he began to work on internet explorer, msn, hotmail, .Net, ...)