List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Proxy problems in last CVS
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-02-27 5:36:22

On Tuesday 26 February 2002 15:44, Unai Garro wrote:
> I updated CVS on the 23rd and 25th February, and I found some problems
> prevously didn't exist with the proxy settings.
>
> I've got konqueror configured to use an (http) proxy using manually set
> parameters, but sometimes (randomly)  tries to connect without proxy and I
> obtain a (nice) message alerting me "host was not found". Usually when I
> first login it doesn't connect to the proxy, but I try to connect to a
> different address and suddenly it works (logs into the proxy).

Known problem.  Working on fixing it.

> I found that the problem seems to be in the "libkio" libraries, since I
> replaced it with the one I had from a previous compilation and it worked
> flawlessly.

Right.  That is where the proxy settings gets read.

> I haven't seen any change in the CVS list that could be affecting this, nor
> any bug reports about this. Any Ideas?

There have been some changes (I myself have changed the order config information is read
from config files) and a subtle change can be the cause behind this.  Anyways, I am working
on it as we speak...

Regards,
Dawit A.