List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kpilot broke in KDE3
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () sci ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2002-02-26 12:05:09

[Ian speaks softly, so I'll go out and grump at Mark]

Hi Mark,

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, ian reinhart geiser wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 February 2002 06:31 am, Mark W. Webb wrote about kpilot broke in
> KDE3:
> > My palm pilot times out while trying to perform a HotSync in KDE3.  Neither
> > kpilotDaemon or kpilot is crashing, so I am not sure what the problem is.

Well, the PalmPilot is a 7 year old piece of hardware, you know. I've
never tested compliance with PalmOS 1.0 devices, really. And my PPPro has
no serial connector for me to experiment with. ... Oh, you didn't mean an
actual PalmPilot, but a later PalmOS device? Which one? As Ian pointed
out, various devices have various amusing problems.

An itsy-bitsy teeny-tiny bit more information might make it possible to
change replies to this message from random guesses to non-random guesses.
Operating system (Solaris, HPUX, OpenBSD, something else)? Hardware
(SPARC, e604, MIPS, something else)? PalmOS device (Handera TRG330, Agenda
VR3 [*], something else)?

as well. We're much more friendly there :)

Oh, and KPilot times out with me using an m500 USB under FreeBSD, but then
again I have no idea if the FreeBSD USB implementation even supports
PalmOS devices.

> I have a Visor Prism, these are known to have entertaining problems with all
> of the palm sync software under linux.

Well dammit, now I need one of those too. Anyone got a leftover they can
send me? I've already spent a quarter of this month's salary on an m500 so
that I can test the Palm USB devices, and I *do* need to eat :)

[ade]

[*] This does not imply that KPilot can handle an Agenda device, which
isn't even a PalmOS device -- but people *have* asked about it.