List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kbuildsycoca crashes
From:       Eric Christopherson <christopea28 () uww ! edu>
Date:       2002-02-25 14:25:58

On Sat, Feb 23, 2002 at 07:43:08PM +0100, jonathan_brugge wrote:
> I think this is the list where I should post this, posting to bugs.kde.org
> doesn't seem to be the best place for CVS-version related problems. If not,
> just redirect me and I'll go where you say.
>
> I decided to build an optimized KDE from CVS a few days ago. I downloaded
> everything and built it, without problems. Now, whenever I want to start KDE
> (or any KDE-using application) it wants to start kbuildsycoca, which is what
> I'd expect. But kbuildsycoca crashes. It gives this as output:
[snip]

My two cents:
I got this same bunch of errors for a month or two, any time I would try to
run CVS code. Finally I went through the scripts I use to configure and
compile the modules and took out objprelink, as well as my gcc Athlon
optimizations, and at last it worked (not noticeably slower than KDE2
either). So maybe just try removing any optimization. Also, right at this
moment I am building everything WITH gcc optimizations but without
objprelink to see if objprelink is the culprit (which I have a hunch about).
I'll let you know how it turns out.

--
Stay fuzzy... save the world... choices!

Eric Christopherson, a.k.a. Contrarian Conlanger Rakko ^_^