List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Where does apps rc filename get set?
From:       Karl-Heinz Zimmer <khz () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-02-24 9:03:38

On Sunday 24 February 2002 09:55, Alan Chandler wrote:
> I'm trying to make a clone of kmail with a different name so I can do
> some work with it and still keep a working copy around

The easiest way how to do that is: Have your original KMail installed
as usual and make a copy of your complete original kdenetwork directory
eg. you might want to call it kdenetwork_experimental

Now you can modify the copied sources in kdenetwork_experimental/kmail
and test them by just calling 'make' but NOT calling 'make install'.

Just start your modified version by direct call:

    [some path]/kdenetwork_experimental/kmail/kmail &

Cheers,

  Karl-Heinz

--
Karl-Heinz Zimmer, Senior Software Engineer, Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
<mailto:khz@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>            <mailto:khz@kde.org>