List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Broken konqueror (with fam)
From:       Josef Weidendorfer <Josef.Weidendorfer () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-02-21 14:34:06

On Thursday 21 February 2002 02:47, David Faure wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 February 2002 18:20, Josef Weidendorfer wrote:
> > files in a watched dir. Looking at debug output of fam, for KDE it stats
> > usually around 700 files :-)
>
> Eek.
I have no problem on my machine.
But this number is that big because of KDED: All *.desktop files are stated.
We won't do this :-)

> > I don't think that it's really too difficult, but then I think it's best
> > to go for KDirWatch::addDir(QString path, bool watchFiles = false);
> > And as this is BIC, we have to add it before KDE 3 final, outputting
> > "feature not available" when requested with watchFiles=true.
>
> Why not.
Fine.
Is a "bool recursive" parameter useful (watch all subdirs)?
At the moment, kded does this, and when it detects a change, it removes
all watches (around 50 !!) and adds them again, only to get new directories
watched! The "recursive" parameter would add new dirs to be watched on
its own.
Would "recursive" be useful for KDirLister ?

> > Another usage: The SAMBA KIO can't forward file adds/deletions...
> > But I think I'm dreaming...
>
> Hmm, if it can create a dcop client it could use the KDirNotify
> interface...
Good idea. Never thought of this. Can a IOSlave be a DCOP client?
The pop3 ioslave could use this for checking for new mails on its own ;-)

Josef Weidendorfer