List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Sick of the mouse mess!
From:       Neil Stevens <neil () qualityassistant ! com>
Date:       2002-02-16 10:11:25

On Saturday February 16, 2002 01:55, M. Michno wrote:
> I have serious problems with cut and paste. The mouse behaviuor is
> becoming more and more unpredictable. I used to copy text selecting it
> and paste it with the middle button mouse. Now it does work only with
> some applications, while in other I have to use the windows shortcuts
> (^C and ^V) which I really hate.

Turn on the "synchronize" setting in Klipper if you want to restore KDE
2-like behavior in KDE 3.

> Try for example this: open a console, and select come text. The text
> gets added to Klipper. Open the QtDesigner and the QtAssistant. Select
> some text on the Qt Assistant and click on the Klipper: nothing
> happenes. Select the same text and press ^C: the text is added to
> Klipper. Now that the text is in K clipboard it would be obvious to
> paste it with the middle mouse button... wrong again, bacause the middle
> button pastes NOT the text you see in Klipper, but some other text, and
> in particular the text you copied initially from the console!! You have
> to press ^V to have the text from QtAssistant. This is just an example,
> but I think that you should agree about a _consistent_ mouse policy...
> and I hope that the unix style of mouse cut and paste will be there
> again, in _any_ app!!

Why are you asking this list about problems with Qt applications?  Perhaps
mail the good people at Trolltech AS with suggestions.

--
Neil Stevens
neil@qualityassistant.com

Don't think of a bug as a problem.  Think of it as a call to action.