List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Sick of the mouse mess!
From:       "M. Michno" <127si_nospam_ () kirk ! science ! unitn ! it>
Date:       2002-02-16 9:55:13

I have serious problems with cut and paste. The mouse behaviuor is becoming
more and more unpredictable. I used to copy text selecting it and paste it
with the middle button mouse. Now it does work only with some applications,
while in other I have to use the windows shortcuts (^C and ^V) which I really
hate.
Try for example this: open a console, and select come text. The text gets
added to Klipper. Open the QtDesigner and the QtAssistant. Select some text
on the Qt Assistant and click on the Klipper: nothing happenes. Select the
same text and press ^C: the text is added to Klipper. Now that the text is in
K clipboard it would be obvious to paste it with the middle mouse button...
wrong again, bacause the middle button pastes NOT the text you see in
Klipper, but some other text, and in particular the text you copied initially
from the console!! You have to press ^V to have the text from QtAssistant.
This is just an example, but I think that you should agree about a
_consistent_ mouse policy... and I hope that the unix style of mouse cut and
paste will be there again, in _any_ app!!
Thanks,
Maciej

on a Red Hat 7.2 using KDE3 from yesterday's CVS