List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kdat in kdeadmin
From:       "Lawrence E. Widman" <widman () cardiothink ! com>
Date:       2002-02-14 14:11:59

Re: Kdat

> > That one comes and goes.  It is currently unmaintained and not compiled,
> > and may even have been moved to kdenonbeta (apparently it does not work
> > and just needs some tweaking).  Perhaps you are looking for a nice
> > programming project to jump into ;-) ?
>
> Actually it is currently maintained by Larry Widman, he might appreciate some
> helping hands though.

Yes, I sure would.  I have been working on kdat with two contributors, and
so I can be confident that it works on at least 3 machines!  There is a
substantial TODO list, but the basic functions work well.

I know that when I commit changes to CVS, someone compiles them. (A
modification was submitted by someone to remove some compiler warnings that
I allowed into the CVS tree).  I was hoping that the binary would therefore
be included in the latest release.

What steps should I take to have the kdat application reviewed so that,
assuming it passes the review process, its binary can be included in the
binary distributions?