List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdelibs-3.0beta2 on IRIX
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-02-14 12:07:09

On Thursday 14 February 2002 03:10, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> genuine problems:
>
> o configure.in: HAVE_IRIX not detected, and when it is '-laudio'
>   doesn't get added to arts/flow/Makefile like it should, and '-lC'
>   should be added to arts/flow/gsl/Makefile since it uses exception
>   handling, but both are easily worked around
> o configure.in: HAVE_X86_SSE erroneously detected <-- I don't know how
>   to fix this one, so there's no fix in the patch

No idea about those, I hope someone will followup.

> o kdeui/kmenubar.cpp:115, return in void function
> o kio/kio/kfilemetainfo.h:258, 'Data' declared public: and protected:
Applied.

> o arts/flow/gsl/gslengine.h:91,97, const qualifiers shouldn't be
>   there?  connected is modified in glsopmaster.c
> o arts/flow/gsl/gsltests.c:534, arguments out of order
> o arts/flow/gsl/gslglib.h should use HAVE_ALLOCA_H instead of
>   GLIB_HAVE_ALLOCA_H or otherwise define it
> o arts/flow/gsl/gslopnode.h doesn't define OP_DEBUG for non-gcc/DEC cc
>   compilers

Please mail arts patches to stefan@space.twc.de if he doesn't notice
them here.

> o khtml/dom/dom_element.cpp:154, return in void function
Applied.

> o khtml/khtml_run.cpp, same namespace bug as above
As below, I suppose ? ;)
Or ?
I saw nothing about khtml_run.cpp in the attached patches.....

> problems caused by a compiler bug:
>
> * interfaces/ktexteditor/editor.moc triggers compiler bug in namespace
>   handling--workaround is to add 'using namespace KParts;' to editor.h

Adding a "using" clause to a .h looks very trouble-some ... any app using
the header will get that using clause. More on this below.

> * kate/part/katedialogs.moc:259,268,275,281, namespace bug above
>   workaround similar to the one above.
> * kate/part/katedocument.moc:507,708,730,738, same as above
> * kate/part/katefactory.moc, same as above
> * kate/part/kateview.moc, same as above
> * kate/part/kateviewhighlightaction.moc, same as above
> * kate/part/kateexportaction.moc, ditto
> * kcert/kcertpart.moc, ditto

Would it work if you add "using namespace Blah" in the .cpp
file, right before the #include "blah.moc" line - making that one
the last line of the file if not already last ? This sounds much
safer to me.
I've seen this already in other places :
[....]
using namespace KParts;
#include "blah.moc"
EOF