List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KAccel (?) breakage
From:       Thorsten Schnebeck <thorsten.schnebeck () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-02-11 7:56:37

Am Montag, 11. Februar 2002 01:07 schrieb Ellis Whitehead:
> Hi Thorsten,

Hi Ellis,

> On Sunday 10 February 2002 17:31, Thorsten Schnebeck wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Maybe problems on the same focus:
> > Since all this KAccel-changing I can't use KMenuEdit to assign a shortcut
> > to a program (the option is grey).
>
> Hmm.  That surely isn't a kaccel thing, since kaccel couldn't disable the
> area.  I'll look into it, though.

Is this disabled for you, too?

> > Another keyboard problem: This weekend I was able to install KDE on a
> > computer with one of this modern keyboard with many special extra keys
> > (Cherry RS 13000) I installed this as a "Logitech Internet Keyboard" in
> > KControl and xev shows many of these special keys: (IIRC) "XFreeMail"
> > "XFreeHome" But I can't use one of these key in a KDE key-chooser dialog
> > e.g. for "Reboot Computer" action!?
>
> I'm not sure what to say here, since it works on my machine.  Could you
> send me the debug output from kcontrol when you try to set one of those
> extended keys?

Sorry, this happend on a small installation happening last weekend. Computer
+ keyboard are back to its owner with a fine KDE2+KDE3 installation ;-)
Is the config dialog in KControl the only necessary point of keyboard
configuration or should I set something more specific in XF86Config, too?

Bye

  Thorsten