List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Fwd: kdebase/khelpcenter doesn't compile
From:       Peter Baumann <waste.manager () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-01-31 20:53:03

I am used to compile kde several times  a week. The last few days kdebase
 does not compile for me the last few days. It stops with the error that it
 can't find khc_main.o in kdebase/khelpcenter .  I looked there and I find it
 in kdebase/helpcenter/.libs but not in kdebase/khelpcenter. After making a
 symlink it works. If the compilation stops in kdebase little later and I fix
 the problem, make will stop  again with the same error as described above
 when it runs over kdebase/khelpcenter again.
(The symlink is deleted). Also a make distclean or make cvs-clean doesn't
help. I have also rechecked out the whole kdebase/khelpcenter

I looked a bit in kdebase/Makefile and recognized that there is a special
target for this file and the folllowing comment:

# Don't build the lib and the binary at the same time, they both use \
khc_main.*
khc_main.lo: khc_main.o

After deleting these two lines in the Makefile it works for me.
Any ideas whats wrong with my configuration, as nobody else
has this error.

Greetings, Peter Baumann

	very often. Please cc to me if possible.

My system: SuSE 7.3
	 	 kernel 2.4.17
		 xfree 4.2.0
		 automake 1.5.0