List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Qt3 rpms at KDE download site
From:       Simon Hausmann <hausmann () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-31 11:50:45

On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 11:32:04AM +0100, F@lk Brettschneider wrote:
> Simon Hausmann wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 10:49:40AM +0100, F@lk Brettschneider wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > What were the flags of ./configure of the Qt3 rpm version that I can
> > > find on the KDE ftp server?
> > > And can you please provide a debug-compiled version, too? Maybe in
> > > /usr/lib/qt-3.0.1-debug.
> >
> > Which rpms are you talking about?
> www.kde.org-->KDE3.0ProgressInfo-->http://download.kde.org/unstable/kde-3.0-beta1
> leads me to
> http://download.us.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/kde-3.0-beta1/SuSE/i386/7.1/
>
> I need for instance to know if opengl and gif and xft support was
> enabled and so on.
> The rpm info doesn't tell me what config.status was.
>
> An rpm of the debug-compiled Qt-3.0.x version would be cool because I
> wouldn't need to compile Qt by myself for programming with Qt and for
> backtracing crashes.

To your great surprise you'll see that rpm -qi <packagename> will
display information about a package, including the maintainer's email
address (in case of SuSE though I think it's a common address for
all packages) . The person reading the mail sent to this address is
more likely to help you with providing the source rpm (which
contains the spec file holding the ./configure line) than the KDE
development mailing list ;)

In the meantime I bet you could have compiled Qt at least three times ;)

Simon