List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Converting timezone string to GMT difference
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-31 11:08:08

On Thursday 31 January 2002 09:55, Stanislav Visnovsky wrote:
> Thanks for all answers. I thinks KRFCDate::localUTCOffset() have to be
> enough. It is much better solution than to let the user choose a timezone
> and then trying to solve the mess he/she can create (the thing I was
> trying to do ).

Please also have a look at the KOrganizer functions for selecting time zones.
They are defined in the files koprefsdialog.cpp and koprefs.cpp in
kdepim/korganizer. Have a look for the functions
KOPrefsDialog::setupTimeTab() and KOPrefs::setTimeZoneIdDefault().

It would probably make sense to collect the time zone handling functions at a
central place, e.g. KLocale instead of duplicating code in different
applications.

--
Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher.kde.org>