List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [KDE3-CVS] Transparent Menu
From:       Andreas Beckermann <b_mann () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-01-29 16:42:29

On Tuesday 29 January 2002 17:05, Daniel Schröter wrote:
> Andreas Beckermann wrote:
> > On Tuesday 29 January 2002 14:26, Daniel Schröter wrote:
> >>I using a few weeks a KDE3-CVS version with transparent menus. Looks
> >>veeeeery cool. :-)
> >>
> >>I compiled yesterday the actual KDE3-CVS. Now I have no transparent
> >>menus. Just a transparent konsole.
> >>
> >>Did I forget to compile something? Is it a configuration problem on my
> >>site? Is the feature removed?
> >
> > Just put
> >
> > [Settings]
> > UseMenuTransparency=true
> >
> > into ~/.qt/kstylerc
>
> Thanks for the hint. But it doesn't work :-(

Ah yes - sorry. I havent' used it for several weeks as I am using marble.
Obviously there has been a change at any point recently. I just went through
the code and you need to add something like
MenuTransparencyEngine=XRender
to ~/.qt/kstylerc as well.
IIRC a KControl module was planned for this but it is not yet there. Other
values for MenuTransparencyEngine can be SoftwareTint and SoftwareBlend. The
default is Disabled.
BTW: you can also add the line
MenuOpacity=0.90
(0.90 is the default) which gives you the ability to change the transparency
grade.

> I switched to the style "HighColor Default". I think that's the right
> one. If nobody has an answer/solution, I'll waiting for updates....

It is definitely working with HighColor and MenuTransparencyEngine=XRender. I
did not test the other ones but I assume they are working as well.

> Bye

CU
Andi