List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: migration from 2.x
From:       Bryce Nesbitt <bryce () obviously ! com>
Date:       2002-01-29 1:05:37

David Faure wrote:

> On Monday 28 January 2002 15:11, Schmidt, John wrote:
> > Monday, January 28, 2002 12:55, Neil Stevens wrote:

> > > kdelibs/kconf_update/README.kconf_update

> > > Probably should bring that up on kmail@kde.org.  Each app needs to handle
> > > its own migration.
> >
> > Does this mean the users KDE config files will now be under $HOME/.kde3?
>
> No, it's always been under ~/.kde
> If you see things under ~/.kde2 for KDE-2, that's a SuSE specific config.

Should not be hard coded, right?  It ought to be in:

	kde-config --localprefix
	echo $KDEHOME

I (at least try) to keep my ~/.kde2 seperate from ~/.kde3, since I run
both on the same account.  See  http://www.kde.org/kde2-and-kde3.html

From a global grep, it looks like there is inconsistent use of .kde

			-Bryce

PS: Warning with kmail!  KMail is not very careful with mail folders.
DON'T GO BACK TO KDE2, and fire up KMail. All your email will be deleted.  It happened
to me, the existance of the issue was verified.  I'm not sure of the exact version
pairing, but RedHat 7.1 KDE->KDE3 and back definitely does it.