List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE speed issues
From:       ramagnus () t-online ! de (Rolf Magnus)
Date:       2002-01-26 11:08:27

On Saturday 26 January 2002 11:44, Stephan Kulow wrote:

> This is getting to a complete nonsense. If you move the slider to the very
> right side it enables sounds when you open a menu. Does this really
> require a high end computer? My 486 could play sounds just fine.

You didn't try with the planned ogg/vorbis sounds :)

> Just rename the slider's ends to "less bells" and "more whistles" - beeing
> honest. These discussions about preselecting assumes that people with more
> powerful computers want all that "apple stuff" we added but made it
> configurable to disable it on default.

Well, most end-users will want it. The idea is that they get a slider on first
kde startup so they can still choose if they want it or not, but the slider
should IMHO have a default position that's based on the system's speed,
because many users don't know what to seletct at all.