List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE speed issues
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-26 10:44:39

On Friday, 25. January 2002 16:36, jonathan_brugge wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 January 2002 21:42, Isen Kusima wrote:
> >  <proposal>
>
> I think you can do two things:

This is getting to a complete nonsense. If you move the slider to the very
right side it enables sounds when you open a menu. Does this really
require a high end computer? My 486 could play sounds just fine.

Just rename the slider's ends to "less bells" and "more whistles" - beeing
honest. These discussions about preselecting assumes that people with more
powerful computers want all that "apple stuff" we added but made it
configurable to disable it on default.

Greetings, Stephan