List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Latency for Arts::PlayObject
From:       Ewald Snel <ewald () rambo ! its ! tudelft ! nl>
Date:       2002-01-24 9:27:18

Hi,

It's required for some instances of PlayObject (especially video) to be able
to determine the aRts server latency. I couldn't find any detailed
information on this subject, but I'm currently using the following code.

    Arts::SoundServer server = Arts::Reference( "global:Arts_SoundServer" );
    audio.latency = (unsigned long)server.serverBufferTime();

Is it safe to assume that there is only one aRts server?
Is there a better way to determine the latency of the aRts server?

TIA.
bye,

ewald