List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: turning off kdepim
From:       David Nusinow <dnusinow () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-01-08 10:27:59

On Tuesday 08 January 2002 01:50 am, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 January 2002 04:41, dep wrote:
> > kdepim has come a long way, and i like it and use it, but there is
> > no obvious -- or even fairly unobvious, best i can tell -- way of
> > turning it off, as one might do on a low-resources machine (the
> > situation i'm facing at the moment -- p-166/64megs). what i hope to
> > do here is make it into a normal kde app -- nothing loaded until it
> > is started, and nothing remaining when it is stopped. i can kill
> > it, but on kde restart, there it is again, and if i start it having
> > killed it, it insinuates itself back into staying alive, such that
> > an additional step is needed, again, to kill it off. this in suse
> > 7.3.
> >
> > is this possible?
>
> If you are talking about the alarm daemon, then you can turn it off
> in the configuration dialog of KOrganizer. Just uncheck the
> "Automatically start alarm daemon at login" checkbox.

I never got around to filing a wishlist bug report on this one or
trying to fix it myself, but I think it should be an option in the menu
when you right-click the icon in kicker. It's one of those things I
(and a lot of others) tend to expect. Would it be difficult to do this?
I haven't looked at the code yet.

- David Nusinow