List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Ad-block in Konqueror
From:       Neil Stevens <neil () qualityassistant ! com>
Date:       2002-01-07 0:55:43

On Sunday January 06, 2002 04:22, Konrad Wojas wrote:
> This way existing add blockers could be adapted to work with
> Konqueror, instead of reinventing the wheel.

But konqueror already supports things proxies like the IJB support, like
disable/configure User Agent and cookie control by hostname.  Making the
IJB completely unnecessary is within reach.

Futhermore, I'll suggest that these same features would make it trivial to
get around any anti-Konqeuror filtering, the same way others use it to get
around Internet Explorer-only filtering.

--
Neil Stevens
neil@qualityassistant.com

Don't think of a bug as a problem.  Think of it as a call to action.