List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kxkb
From:       Arash Zeini <azeini () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-12-07 13:04:24

--- Thomas Diehl <thd@kde.org> wrote:
> Am Freitag, 7. Dezember 2001 01:28 schrieb Simon
> Perreault:
>
> > On December 5, 2001 02:03 am, Andy Rysin wrote:
> > > If somebody has comments or suggestions, please
> tell me.
> >
> > While you're at it, I'd like to suggest a way for
> the user to choose
> > another keyboard layout, one that isn't listed.
> For example, all of us in
> > the province of Québec, Canada, use "ca_enhanced".
> But it isn't listed in
> > the xkb rules file. So it would be nice if I could
> write it in an "other"
> > box and start using it.
>
> Could be big help for some newcomers among the
> translation teams as well.
> (See eg the keyboard problems of the Farsi team.)

This would indeed be great, if it could generate a
working layout. However, the main problem for us was
and is not the layout itself but the support for all
the Farsi characters.
We are still unable to generate the characters needed
by Farsi. Just yesterday I tried a patched QT but
without the needed result.
Never the less, we have not given up and are trying
our best to solve the problem :)

Regards,
Arash