List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Getting rid of yes/no (was: Re: Ideas for kde3 part II)
From:       Edoardo Causarano <curious.corn () katamail ! com>
Date:       2001-12-04 19:06:27

Alle 13:31, marted́ 30 ottobre 2001, Rob Kaper ha scritto:
> On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 08:12:05PM +0100, Holger Freyther wrote:
> > KmessageBox is cool but today I missed this one feature.
> > KmessageBox offers questionYesNo but no questionYesNoCancel( )
>
> At the risk of restrting an ancient discussion: Yes/No/Cancel are bad
> messageboxes, because it requires you to read the entire box. Close a
> window with a changed document, what is faster?
>
> "There are unsafed changes in Document1. Do you want to save changes to
> Document1?"
>
> [yes] [no] [cancel]
>
> or
>
> "There are unsafed changes in Document1"
>
> [save and exit] [exit] [don't exit]
>
> Avoiding yes/no questions will be even more useful when we start to use
> icons on buttons. Looks real nice and a saveexit.png, exit.png and app.png
> addition to such buttons would make the inferface a lot more friendly to
> use.
>
> Rob

I think OsX automagically drops a 'big fat menu' from the titlebar containing
a simple interface for saving... This could be BLANK if the document was
never saved or filled with the file's location if it has already been;
[SAVE], [DON'T SAVE], [RETURN] buttons at the bottom.
You try to quit the app and this 'menu' slides down... just check & confirm
or continue quitting.
I like it and it's inequivocably tied to the app running, plus it would
disable only the app's interface and let the rest of the desktop usable (IE
doesn't steal focus!)

My 2c,
Edo