List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kio_smb patch and questions
From:       Wynn Wilkes <wynn () wilkes ! ws>
Date:       2001-11-29 22:19:29

On Thursday 29 November 2001 04:20 pm, aleXXX wrote:
> smb:/workgroup/host is ok I'd say, but smb://host should definitely work.
>  Isn't there even a RFC that the thing in URLs after the "//" is the host ?
I'm not sure- it sounds right.  But that is kind of messy since
smb://<something> can mean multiple things.  So you have to check if
<something> is a workgroup, etc.  This also breaks the treeview, if
workgroups are included in the treeview.

> And after all, it's only some url handling, this can't be a big problem.
>  smb:// should be invalid I think.
So should a user be able to see all the available workgroups via the ioslave?
I/we always thought that was pretty handy and something users would want.  If
smb:// and smb:/ are invalid then how will that work?

Wynn