List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KControl Module Install for KDevelop 2.0.1 -- broken for Mandrake
From:       "Ben Schepens" <schepens () mindspring ! com>
Date:       2001-11-29 21:51:36

I have built a KControl Module using the Control Module project template
in KDevelop 2.0.1 (in KDE 2.2.1).  The problem I am having is properly
installing the <control>.desktop file in the correct location so that
it can be seen in the Control Center app.

In KDevelop, I make sure the <control>.desktop file is part of the project
and I set its file properties to install in the following location:

 $(kde_appsdir)/Configuration/KDE/Network/onymacontrol.desktop

When I do a 'make install' the file gets installed in

  /usr/share/applnk/Configuration/KDE/Network/onymacontrol.desktop

which I think might be correct for most distributions of KDE but I am using
Mandrake 8.1 which wants things in:

  /usr/share/applnk-mdk/Configuration/KDE/Network/onymacontrol.desktop

Questions:

1) How do I specify the right destination directory for Mandrake? (or
RedHat, et al
   depending on the target machine)

2) How do I determine dynamically if the code is being installed
   for Mandrake, RedHat, etc.?

Thanks,
Ben Schepens