List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [patch] New KEdit ready, please review
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-11-26 11:25:25

On Monday 26 November 2001 11:41, Mickael Marchand wrote:
> Hmm, ok, i can try that then, just give me some example please, i don't know how
> to do it :/
> actually, i was thinking to use the kregexpeditor implementation from kdeutils, \
> maybe you mean rewriting it in kdelibs ? but this will add a lot of stuff in kdeui \
> then actually, using kdeutils' kregexpeditor needs to link with kpart (see
> khtml_find in cvs) i think
> m_editorDialog = KParts::ComponentFactory::createInstanceFromQuery<QDialog>(
> 		"KRegExpEditor/KRegExpEditor", QString::null, this );
> this line create the editor, i think it needs to use kpart for that...
> is there any other way to 'call' the editor ?
>
> if anyone can point me to a url/example where i can see how to implement
> interfaces without linking with kpart, it would be usefull :), i'm quite lost with \
>                 interfaces now

The trick is... that you can use KParts::ComponentFactory::*, since this
is an inline template method, it doesn't actually require to _link_
to KParts. You simply need the header file, which you can include from kdeui
(for instance using <kparts/blah.h>) ;)

BTW http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/cvs-api/classref/interfaces/KRegExpEditorInterface.html
 just updated with the full docu for kregexpeditorinterface.

http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ , http://www.konqueror.org/
KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops