List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Odd debugging messages in 2.2.2
From:       Eric Christopherson <rakko () charter ! net>
Date:       2001-11-21 8:14:28

I'm running a recent CVS of KDE 2.2.2. I've noticed that when I run startkde
from an xterm, thus allowing debugging messages to go to the xterm, I get
these messages whenever I open a new konqueror window (for file management):

kdecore (KIconEffect): Image size src != overlay
kdecore (KURL): KURL couldn't parse URL "--silent"
kdecore (KURL): KURL couldn't parse URL "null"
kdecore (KURL): KURL couldn't parse URL "null"
QObject::connect: No such signal KDockArea::docked()
QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'unnamed')
QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'view widget')
QToolBar::QToolBar main window cannot be 0.
ShowHidePage
kdecore (KIconEffect): Image size src != overlay

Are those anything to worry about? Also, if I fire up konq as a web browser
(without using a starting page), I get:

kdecore (KIconEffect): Image size src != overlay
kdecore (KURL): KURL couldn't parse URL "--silent"
kdecore (KURL): KURL couldn't parse URL "null"
kdecore (KURL): KURL couldn't parse URL "null"
kio (KProtocolInfo): ERROR: Protocol '' not found

Finally, I've noticed that when I use KDE logged in under a different user
account from my usual, konqueror windows (and others, such as konsole) pop
up noticeably faster after I click their icon, but it takes a few seconds
longer to show any icons in konq. The gear icon is not animated and there's
no indication that any activity is taking place, until the icons all just
appear there. Why the difference? Is there any way to make konq windows
appear quickly *and* display the icons quickly?

--
Eric Christopherson, a.k.a. Contrarian Conlanger Rakko ^_^