List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Qt 2.3.2 and KDE_2_2_BRANCH
From:       Michael Brade <brade () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-11-14 18:44:11

On Wednesday 14 November 2001 10:14, Lars Knoll wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 November 2001 19:35, Michael Brade wrote:
> > On Tuesday 13 November 2001 18:58, Thorsten Schnebeck wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > Using the latest Qt2-release with my KDE it seems that menus are a
> > > little bit restive. You can't press an ESC-key or klick somewhere else
> > > on the desktop to close an open menu: you are forced to press the icon
> > > which "produces" the menu. This is annoying on a K-Menu or Konqis
> > > bookmark-toolbar.
> > > (I read about some problems with latest Qt-libs and popup-menus on the
> > > avifile homepage, maybe this was a similar problem?)
> > >
> > > Can anybody second this?
> >
> > Yes. And it's even the same with Qt-3.0. I sent a bugreport to qt-bugs
> > some weeks ago already but got no answer.
>
> Can you tell me what exactly is going wrong for you? It works fine for me
> (both 2.3.2 and 2.2 branch and 3.0).
Well, I'm using qtrsync since the Qt 3 betas but the problem persists. Just
start KDE and right-click on Kicker to get a popup menu. Now click somewhere
on the desktop (not on Kicker or the menu) - the menu will stay. If you
clicked on some applet in the system tray it is even possible to switch
desktops without loosing the popup! And KNotes has the same problem: just
right click into a note and then try to get rid of the popup by not clicking
into KNotes, it's impossible. Since I didn't find any other "normal" app with
this problem I guess it's related to WStyle_Customize | WStyle_NoBorder.

On a sidenote: since the switch to Qt 3 (I don't know since when exactly) it
is impossible to move or resize a note (of KNotes) with Alt+RMB :( It seems
to be the use of the flags WStyle_Customize | WStyle_NoBorder as well but
this has yet to be verified.

Ciao,
  Michael

--

       Some operating systems are called `user friendly',
             Linux however is `expert friendly'.