List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Babelfish Plugin for Kinkatta
From:       Benjamin Meyer <icefox () mediaone ! net>
Date:       2001-11-12 7:41:03

Last week when I anounced that there was a plugin system for Kinkatta I got a
bit of interest in the Babelfish plugin so today I sat down and wrote it.

For those that use Kinkatta cvs (cough only me cough :) I have added the
Babelfish translation plugin.  And I must say that it kicks ass.  If anyone
knows another language please give me a buzz so i can chat with you! :)  (aim
name icefox2) The plugin adds a drop down box to the chat window so you can
select what you want the outgoing text to be translated too.  It will
automaticy translate the oposite of that for any incoming text.  Only one
person needs Kinkatta and the plugin for it to work. (i.e. your friend can be
using windows aim and you translate his messages when you get them.)

English <->:
French
German
Italian
Portugese
Spanish

And German<->French

And no I do not use a backend Perl script I do it all within the QT/KDE land.

-Ben

P.S. If you are interested in writing a plugin contact the kinkatta
mailinglist.  We have several that need working on.

P.P.S  Using the KLibLoader how the heck can I reload a plugin without
actually restarting Kinkatta?  When I call unload plugin it returns before
deleteing the plugin.  Something about a symbol that needs to be compiled
into the plugin or something?  Also if you call unload right after load the
counter will be at -1 and not 0 and so it doesn't get unloaded like it should
be... (or do I just not understand it fully yet?)