List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: DCOP Just got better.
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-10-31 22:08:07

On Wednesday 31 October 2001 05:20 am, ian reinhart geiser wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 October 2001 09:23 pm, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> >         dcop klauncher klauncher
> > 'start_service_by_desktop_name(QString,QStringList)' kate [ file1.txt
> > file2.txt ]
>
> I have to test this from shell... i thought  [ was a special function and $
> was the first argument of a variable..  this may confuse a shell... i need
> to test this more to make sure it works.

Well, you can also use "I_AM_A_DELIMITER" as delimiter, or anything else you
can think of, just make sure that your list doesn't contain your delimiter.
The [ and ( are special in that they expect ] and ) at the end instead of [
and (. Maybe I should add '{' to the expections as well.

> could we have an option that
> would just take the last n arguments and make them into a list?

That doesn't work if you have a function that takes two lists as arguments.

Cheers,
Waldo