List:       kde-devel
Subject:    global config (was: Re: KGlobalAccel II)
From:       Marcos Dione <mdione () hal ! famaf ! unc ! edu ! ar>
Date:       2001-10-30 15:18:15

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Ellis Whitehead wrote:

> The problem is definitively in the keys->connectItem() call.  It should be:
>
> keys->connectItem ("Next track", this, SLOT(next ()));

	not only that... se below.

> ------------------
>
> ktest::ktest (int argc, char **argv, char *name): KApplication (argc, argv,
> name) {
>     keys= new KGlobalAccel (this);

	I had to remove "this". then it started to work.

	FYI, using kdebuddialog for turning on kaccel didn't work.
doesn't matters now.

	now what I want is two things. first, I want to make the
keystrokes used configurable (now I have 8 keys, and will be more soon).
it could be done trough the preferences dialog (kmms has noone, so it will
be the preferences dialog) or could be done in the control panel. I think
the first is better, but I want to know if the other is the recomended.
also, I'll need some pointer to do it.

	the second, soon I will have kmms in a state that would be nice to
be released. now it also has direct libxmms instead of running xmms trough
a KProcess. I can both give a cvs diff or I could get a cvs account. Again,
the first is just fine, but the other... well, it'll be plain great.

	excuse my english. today I have just a few neurons turned on.

> P.S.  I like your JLB quote. *grin*

	:) I could translate it...

--
"y, bueno, yo soy muy ilogico. lo que pasa es que ustedes me toman
demasiado en serio"