List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Mirror operator's mailing list
From:       Milo Hyson <milo () cyberlifelabs ! com>
Date:       2001-10-26 5:18:09

I was wondering if anybody out there thought that a separate mailing list for
mirror operations would be beneficial? FreeBSD does this and it's quite
useful to have a forum where operators can discuss mirror related issues such
as failures, optimizations, new tools and techniques, etc. without having to
wade through mountains of unrelated stuff.

For example, we suffered a fork bomb today which brought down our mirror. It
would be nice to have a place whereby I could report such a thing and, if
desired, people could discuss prevention measures and whatnot. Ordinary users
would benefit too by being able to keep updated on issues involving the
mirrors.

Of course, all of this could be handled in an existing list such as this one.
That's why I'm putting this out there, to get feedback.

--
Milo Hyson
CyberLife Labs, LLC