List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Language bindings
From:       Michael =?utf-8?q?H=C3=A4ckel?= <haeckel () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-10-24 11:55:34

On Wednesday 24 October 2001 12:11, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Wednesday, 24. October 2001 12:00 (GMT +0200), Michael Häckel wrote:
> > However these applications then still look like windows applications and
> > not like KDE applications.
>
> Shouldn't they look like Qt applications?
> Or is Kylix forcing the Windows widget style?

At least the application definitely links only against Qt and not against wine
like kylix itself. However I did not find a possibility to change the widget
style. That would probably anyway not work, since kylix doesn't seem to
support nice Qt features like layout management. Widget placement works only
with absolute pixel based positions.

Besides that every application created with the open edition shows a dialog on
startup, that is was created with kylix and an application executable that
contains nothing but a push button has already 430kB.

Regards,
Michael Häckel