List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Need to start KDE3 twice?
From:       Bryce Nesbitt <bryce () obviously ! com>
Date:       2001-10-22 13:03:30

Waldo Bastian wrote:

> On Sunday 21 October 2001 07:20 am, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> > For the last week, after updating CVS, I've had to start KDE twice.
> > The first time it clears the screen but either never opens the
> > splash window, or hangs with the first step flashing.
> >
> > The second time I start KDE it usually works.
> >
> > What's up?
>
> No idea, your KDE apps seem to crash all over the place. Try upgrading to a
> recent CVS and see if it has become any better. There was a bug in the socket
> handling that caused klauncher to crash, you might be running into that.
> (Your CVS source was about a week old?)

No, this started happening aout a week or so ago.  Every day or two
I cvs update again, recompile again, and hope KDE3 will spring to life.

Even when it works, the splash page never gets past "setting up
interprocess communications".  I've tried deleting all the dcop & mcop
temporaries set up by KDE2, to no avail.

	-Bryce

PS: My base system is RedHat 7.1 with no customizations. XFree86 Version 4.0.
freetype-2.0.1.  Font problems present with QT beta6 are fixed with QT release.
Konsole remains messed up wrt fonts.