List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Need to start KDE3 twice?
From:       Michael Ritzert <kde () ritzert ! de>
Date:       2001-10-22 8:58:59

Hi Bryce,

I have very similar behaviour. For about one week, I'm not able to start
KDE3 at all. Sometimes I only get the gray background, sometimes the splash
screen comes up with the "Setting up interprocess communication" icon
blinking forever. However, my logs look differently (see attached file) and
starting KDE a second time doesn't change anything.

Currently I'm running (better: trying to run) Saturday's CVS HEAD version.

I compiled everything with gcc version 3.0.2 20011012 (prerelease) if that
matters.

Michael

On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 10:20:05AM -0400, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> For the last week, after updating CVS, I've had to start KDE twice.
> The first time it clears the screen but either never opens the
> splash window, or hangs with the first step flashing.
>
> The second time I start KDE it usually works.
>
> What's up?
> 			-Bryce

["startx.log.gz" (application/x-gunzip)]