List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kde 3.0alpha1
From:       John Gluck <jgluckca () home ! com>
Date:       2001-10-22 7:32:23

Hi Rik

I am using the Qt 3.0 release from trolltech dated Oct 15th.
I built kdelibs with only 1 minor glitch that was easy to fix.

Kcontrol and others like to use a macro called  QT_KDE_I18N
It takes 2 arguments, one of which is a comment and discarded. The problem is that
many people only use one of the arguments. I don't understand why this macro
exists when the simple i18n functionality serves the same purpose. There are
something like 40 or more files in kdebase using the macro incorrectly. Those that
do use it correctly have a null sting for the comment.

No, it's not obvious that they all compiled correctly. I think the release process
broke somewhere.

John