List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Which development tools do you use ?
From:       John Gluck <jgluckca () home ! com>
Date:       2001-10-17 16:36:34

Hi

I thought GDB was pretty pitiful too until I read the GDB manual (Yeah, I know
reading manuals is for whimps :-> )
Anyway, GCC only puts out very limited debug info for C++ unless you add the
following compile switches  -g3 -gstabs+
that will give you much more debug info and make debugging much easier. Also, GUI
front ends don't give you access to all the GDB features. With DDD I still need to
use GDB commands to get everything I want.

John